Sunday, July 28, 2013

Good-bye London. See you soon!

Well. It is here. My last day in London. I have spent the past week valiantly trying to convince my loved ones to come here instead. Considering the amount of stuff I have acquired, I could easily set up at least part of flat here. And, I do really, really like it here. But, it appears I must go home tomorrow. And so, it is see you later to London.

It has been said by a very wise, unknown person that, "travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer." I could not agree more. Traveling makes you realize the size and scope of the world. And your place in it. Paris was the first place I have traveled to where I really and truly did not speak the language, and was not in a large group with someone who did speak the language.  And it was hard. It was sometimes a little scary. But it was also a good experience, and a reminder of the international language of smiling. London was a city where I immediately fit in. This blog has documented all that will come home with me from my time in London. And Dublin was a lovely, amazing trip that came at a perfect time. For even though I am in love with London, there is lots more exploring to do.

I tried new foods, I met new people, I kayaked down the Thames and had fish eat the dead skin off my toes. I even went up the Eiffel Tower and the London Eye, and down to the Catacombs in Paris. Everyday was an adventure, and different than the day before. I had no cell phone or internet at my disposal, and I managed just fine.

I have been lucky to have amazing classmates for this journey. Our flat was like a little home. My travel buddies were the best. I know I am not saying good-bye to them, because we are already planning for ALA in Vegas!!

And so, as I say good-bye to my little British Life, I leave you with some of my favorite pictures from the trip. See you on the other side of the pond.









3 comments:

  1. Wasn't it Eleanor Roosevelt who said each day do something a little bit scary or something like that....not a bad motto to live by. Remember to keep a little bit of English currency and u will return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have seized the day (Carpe Diem)throughout your travels in the last 3 weeks - what experiences to remember and plan for future journeys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you know u can go and do whatever you what, And travel were ever your dreams take you! U GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete